Thursday, December 9, 2010

To the doctor!



Jacket: JCPenney
Scarf: Target
Shirt: Old Navy
Jeans: Walmart
Boots: Target

Well, I really wanted to avoid going to the doctor. Like really. I can beat this thing on my own! I'll be fine! I was my own cheerleader and I told myself I was BETTER THAN THIS ILLNESS, and I would be a-ok come Thursday.

Here's Thursday, and here's me with a stack of drugs high enough to open a pharmacy.

I was scheduled to work this morning, but as soon as my alarm went off I knew it was so not happening. Something was hacked up at one point so I called in, then I broke and called my doctor. I slept fitfully until lunchtime, when I swallowed some soup and pulled on some jeans and plaid.



I have to admit that I was resistant to plaid. I went to a concert in November and 90% of the audience (and all three of the people I went with!) were wearing plaid shirts. It's always screamed hipsterwear to me, hard to pair with anything but jeans, and, well, kind of goofy looking. But then Old Navy came along and made it sort of okay. I'm going to be fodder forever, but at least I'll be plaid fodder!

One thing I love about these boots--they're the same as these boots, but brown--is that they have an exposed zipper in the back, and the lining fabric is red. At first I hated it, but it actually creates a jumpoff point for the rest of the outfit. It matches my shirt!



Now I'm going to take four different kinds of medicine and hope one makes me better before I'm scheduled to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment