Sunday, April 10, 2011

Master


The Jim Nantz

Necklace: JCPenney
Top: Target
Jeans: Gap
Flats: Target


The Tiger Woods

Well y'all, it's finally golf season. I'm not a huge fan of golf and you'll never find me on the links (unless, of course, it's the mini version). I do, however, have fond memories of sitting in my grandparents' living room of their beach house after a long day in the ocean, scrubbed clean by my mom, watching golf with my grandfather. Pop Pop was a pretty stoic dude (as is my father) but he would always get riled up watching the greats of the 1990s--Davis Love III, Nick Faldo, Fred Couples--as they fought their battles on the great courses of the world. My grandfather was especially a fan of Greg Norman, and he had a Shark hat to prove it.


The Rory McIlroy

So to honour every male in my family who is so enthralled by golf season after season, here are some classic golf emotions, conveyed by the men who most likely felt them this weekend. Enjoy, and I'll see you tomorrow!


The Charl Schwartzel

7 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha this is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until figure skating season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of pearls with jeans. Something about it is so awesome.
    I have to admit that my knowledge of golf is nil. Nada. Despite the fact that I lived across the street from a golf course for a couple of years.
    Keeping in mind my lack of knowledge, as an outside perspective - I still love the pics. The first one - you look like a gansta', second one - well even I know who Tiger Woods is, the third one you look like one of the 3 Stooges, and the last one you look like a politician.

    Sorry back to babbling again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poses crack me up! I had to go do some research to understand the hilarity behind them, though. I'm definitely not into golf whatsoever.

    I have to agree with Elle--Jeans and pearls are a fabulous combination. The dressy and the casual together just work for my and my aesthetic. Plus, I love stripes, so... yeah. Winner in my book. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle: I laughed so hard at your comment! I usually try desperately to look like a gangsta so I'm glad it worked for once! & thank you, I really like how this outfit turned out.

    Sarah: Thanks buddy! I wish I could better convey the fist pump. I need to put that at the top of my list. & thanks! I actually went through four or five tops that I didn't like before bailing and grabbing my beloved striped top. And it was for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best poses ever. End of story. More pictoral impressions later PLEASE! I laughed so hard at your McIlroy! And Tiger is perfect. Spot on if I do say so myself.
    And I love this top. I am kicking myself for not getting in when it was $6 on clearance at my target. I'm jealous when I see all the cool things you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha thank you Meghan! I think I might have to make this sporting drama photography a thing. I had a lot of fun doing it. You should scout ebay for this top! There must be one floating around out there somewhere. I really wanted the one they sold in navy and white, but my Target ran out before I could snatch it up! This one does me well though :)

    ReplyDelete