Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Act 4 (of 5)



Hair clips: H&M
Necklace: Anthro
Top: Anthro
Sash: American Eagle
Skirt: handmade
Wedges: DSW
Toes: Zoya Yummy



It's here. The 30th outfit of my 30 for 30. I should be jazzed and proud of myself, right? Shouldn't I? I survived, I'm done, I'm over it.

Welllllllllllll not exactly.



On Thursday I'm taking part in the Paper Doll Project with the amazing Kelsey of Snappy Casual, and we've both picked outfits made entirely of our respective 30 for 30 selections. And there's still an outfit I want to wear--one piece hasn't gotten as much love as any of the others--so I'm just going to go through Thursday with this sucker. So really, we're doing a 30 for 32. It's like a Shakespeare play up in here--you think there are four acts but there are really five. Fortunately for you the fifth act is starting now! We're almost there! Don't expect me to go changing my tags and all that, but I'll be holding off on my 30 for 32 wrap-up post until this weekend.

However I have to admit that this outfit is the perfect sendoff for most of my items; I really love it. I've received a lot of compliments on my skirt & most people are blindsided when I say I made it myself. A woman today told me she liked it and when I said I made it she said "well, in that case, congratulations!" That feels good. I imagine I'll be sewing more things in the future though maybe it will be a while before I install another stinking zipper. Scarfs, perhaps, or skirts made entirely of strips of leopard print.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah maybe not. Act 5 scene II tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment