Wednesday, October 26, 2011

For when you're cold but you hate sleeves



Top: JCPenney
Sweater vest: Boden
Skirt: JCPenney
Wedges: Target
Fingers: butter London Bluey



Today was my coworker H.'s birthday. Usually this isn't a big deal--this blog is not turning into a celebration of my coworkers' anniversaries of existence--but H. is a special case. He's a genial older dude with a sharp sense of style: khakis, polo shirt, and sweater vest. Every single day. And I'm not talking the boring gray vest of yore; recently he came into work with a lilac polo and a robin's egg blue sweater vest. H. claims that his wife picks the combos for him, but I have my doubts.



To celebrate H.'s birthday, his boss had the excellent idea to have everyone in the department wear a sweater vest. I'm technically in a different department but we're all on the same floor, so I pulled out the ol' swest in honour of my awesome coworker and because come on, why not wear it? H.'s boss even bought a bunch of them at the thrift store so everyone would have one to wear; at one point coworker L. was wearing a brown swest with what I'm fairly sure were reindeer on it. Happy birthday, H., I hope it was as stylish as we all were!

No comments:

Post a Comment