Monday, May 21, 2012

You're invited



I'm not going to act like I invented 30x30. I definitely didn't! Kendi spearheaded the concept, which involves taking 30 pieces of clothing from your wardrobe and remixing them into 30 different outfits. Remixing is an integral part of most blogs in our little style community, but there are a lot of us who are nervous about remixing or don't know where to start. And some of us just need a fresh perspective on things. 30x30 is a great jump start for remixing skills (pattern mixing!) and forces us to think outside the box.

30x30 is a challenge, no doubt, but it's a LOT of fun. I've had the opportunity to do 30x30 twice, and I'm starting to feel the itch to give it another go. Together, Dani and I have decided to take a crack at a 30x30 challenge, starting June 1st. We both have big birthdays in June, and we think a 30x30 will be a fun way to "celebrate" through our blogs! We're excited, and we'd love for you join us.

For those of you who have done 30x30 before, we're doing things a little differently--clothes are the only items that count toward our 30 items. So shoes and accessories (jewelry, scarves, tights, etc.) don't count toward the total. For those of you who haven't, I highly recommend reading Kendi's post on 30 for 30 and recap posts from my first and second 30x30 challenges before committing. I'm not shamelessly plugging myself, but I definitely learned a LOT each time! If you are considering joining us, but are worried about doing 30 outfits in a row, don't stress! Take your time. Take days off if you want to. I'll probably take weekends off, so my 30x30 will end in early July.

I'll post a button later this week for anyone who would like to use one. We're excited to do this, and we hope you'll join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment