Monday, June 4, 2012

Spare of gus







Everything but belt: Target | Belt: off a skirt from Kohl's | Nails: butter London Dosh

I'm gonna be honest. I don't like asparagus. I'm a really, really picky eater, and the only green things I eat are cucumbers (no skin), pickles (also no skin), and lettuce. And green M&Ms. But! I've always liked how asparagus looks. The long stems that very gently narrow into the soft, slightly leafy looking purplish tips. It's a very attractive plant. So now that you know that, it should be no surprise that I love the painting Salazar picked for Style Imitating art this week, Still Life with Asparagus by Adrien Coorte. It's pretty awesome, right? Such lovely colours. To see other takes on a bushel of asparagus, check out Salazar's blog!

30x30 will return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment