Monday, July 16, 2012

Excuses, excuses

If you have to take a break during 30x30, you better have a good excuse, right? Well, if excuses were dimes, I'd be a billionaire by now. But below, in photos and words, are some of the reasons why my 30x30 took so long to complete.



Necklace: gift from parents | Top: J.Crew | Shorts: Ann Taylor Factory Store | Shoes: probably Toms

You'll probably vaguely recall the pictures above and below from back in June. T. and I celebrated my birthday with delicious Italian food, crayons and The Avengers. T. was pretty unhappy with tromping through the weeds to get to where these pictures were shot but I'm sure the theater customers loved watching us jumping in the air and acting like fools :)





AC readers, meet E.! My RA my junior year, E. managed our hall but also managed to help me survive a survey class--my first upper level one--on Latin literature. She became an awesome friend in the process, and ever since we've talked at least once a week (a good sign, I've found, for maintaining long distance friendship) and I've seen her every time I visited VA and she's come to Cardiganland twice. She came down for fourth of July (!!!!) and we had a ton of fun.



My mom, E. and I took a road trip up to Charlotte one day to check out the Mint Museum Randolph, which I love. (The name comes from the fact that the art museum was the first American Mint.) And lucky for us, they had a great installation out on the front yard, so we took that opportunity and ran with it.









Top: J.Crew Outlet | Skirt: J.Crew Outlet | Shoes: Toms

Then we celebrated 'Merka with some EXPLOSIVES. Because there is no better way to celebrate your country.













And then there was the night where my parents and I went to see Marvin Hamlisch perform at the local cultural center (above). He was the perfect little old Jewish grandfather, and an amazing pianist.

Top: Target | Skirt: JCPenney | Heels: Urban Outfitters



At the end of June, my library bid a fond farewell to the head of security (he has been replaced by a nearly-as-awesome person, thankfully). Staff were encouraged to wear ties for his retirement party, since he was devoted to ties, and I embraced that.

Top: Target | Skirt: Target | Tie: Target | Shoes: Payless (I bet you thought I'd say Target!)





What I wore the night E., my parents and I went out for dinner.

Top: Ann Taylor Factory Store | Skirt: JCPenney | Sandals: Ross



Remember that awful tie dye incident at the beginning of the month? This past week we had a meeting and I wanted to wear the result for my coworkers to see. It turned out pretty amazingly, huh? Still never doing it again.



Necklace: J.Crew Outlet | Top: hand dyed; Hanes/Walmart | Belt: Walmart (way old, like high school old) | Jeans: American Eagle





My parents finally took me out for my birthday dinner, a month late but not a dollar short. Filet? Ok! and it was DELICIOUS. Thanks parents!

Necklaces: JCPenney and J.Crew Outlet | Top: J.Crew Outlet | Skirt: Gap Outlet | Wedges: Target



So those are my excuses. That and I am a lazy oaf with a lack of determination. And unfortunately I wasn't darting around in the dress below, but I did get a good fine look at it. All that beading! Glorious. I'll be back to regular outfit posts commencing Tuesday night (today's post will be dedicated to SIA) and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment