Sunday, September 9, 2012

I'm ready for some football





Necklaces: J.Crew Outlet and heirloom | Top: J.Crew Outlet | Belt: Target | Skirt: Talbots | Wedges: Payless

If there's one key piece of information you need to know about me, it's that I'm a librarian. (In training.) But if there's another piece of information you need to know about me, it's that I am a massive football fan. I love football. It's the sport. I was an Eagles fan before I was even born, and I've stuck with them through thick (the later McNabb years) and the thin (the 1990s) and the thinnest (I've gotten so much shit for liking a team that supports a dogfighter*). I love my birds, and I always will.

But I'd love them more if they won a damn Super Bowl. JUST ONE.



* I do not condone what Michael Vick did, not by a long shot. However, what's past is, in fact, past, and he paid sufficiently according to federal law. I believe wholeheartedly on judging art exclusively of the artist, and you are not simply the sum of your crimes, or your disability, or your job. Life is a lot more complicated than that, and I'm in no place to judge Vick's personal life--none of us are, really, especially now that his problems are well in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment