Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On my personality







Necklace: handmade | Cardigan: J.Crew Outlet | Dress: Loft Outlet | Tights: Target | Boots: Off Broadway

Real talk: I'm actually an unflattering combination of introverted and bitchy in real life. This developed after my long battle with depression, because I went from having the vaguest shadow of personality to having too much, I guess. As such, I've made life a lot more difficult on myself. I don't blame anyone else for this, I just have to deal with my own consequences for opening my mouth in the wrong way at the wrong time, for lack of a better way to go about things. I have a hard time making friends, a harder time keeping them, and the hardest time of all letting them go. I'm an awful person to people I actively like because I have no idea how else to respond. I can't take a compliment and I don't know when, where or how to enter a conversation. The same with leaving one. I overthink my responses to every question, and then I'm left dumbstruck when the questions are actually asked.

Fortunately, with this blog, I have all the answers. In the deep recesses of my heart, I'm a nice person, but I don't know how to make that shine in person. I come off snarky and moody instead of witty and spry, but I can edit my words and my pictures and my style (writing, fashion, photographic) to come off as I want to. So thanks for seeing the best of me and appreciating what I have to offer, even if it's only in a digital medium.

Anyway, I'll be on vacation for the rest of the week. I'm not taking my computer with me, so I won't be posting outfit pictures, but expect a lot of them when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment