Sunday, February 17, 2013

SIA: PSA



untitled, by Sol Lewitt
Lithograph, 1992

Here's this week's Style Imitating Art inspiration! I fell in love with Sol Lewitt's in 2004, when I set foot inside the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington for the first time. In particular, his piece 13/11 was displayed, and oh, it was love at first sight. I don't believe in it for humans, but for art? Always. Sol Lewitt is best known for his enormous, geographic, recreatable wall drawings. You can view a number of them, currently located all in one building, here. E. and I have already penciled in a trip there for the next time I visit New Haven, and I can't wait.

So, as always, email me your submissions for SIA by the evening of Monday, February 25th. The post will go up that night. Enjoy this one, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment