Monday, March 25, 2013

Style Imitating Art: Yellow Roses in a Vase



STYLE IMITATING ART IS HERE. As a reminder, this week's inspiration was Yellow Roses in a Vase by Gustave Caillebotte. Gorgeous work with gorgeous results. Let's get started!

First and foremost is Jen of Librarian for Life and Style, who encountered the perfect floral background for her photos! Is that mountain laurel? Whatever, either way, it looks awesome.



Next is Krista of This Mumma's Style, whose skirt is like whoa. I love it.



Pao of Project Minima is not a fan of this outfit, but I kind of adore this skirt. I love the length and shape of it!



Val of Late Blooming Sparkle (love the name, Val!) is joining us at SIA for the first time, and bam. What a fantastic first entry!



Noelle of Tilly's Notions always has great colour combinations, and this submission is no exception! Mustard and mauve. Beautiful.



Rebekah of From the Mixed Up Files... has such a nice pastel-y outfit, but I did a "hold up wait a minute" at her nails. That colour is fantastic, Rebekah!



And here is the one and only Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey. My SIA co-creator always nails it.



If you have made it to the end, congratulations! Your reward is looking at my outfit.



EDIT!!!

Jan sent in a late submission that looks pretty much awesome:



And for some weird reason, Juli's submission went in my Spam folder. BOO ON YOU, GMAIL. Just kidding, I love you Gmail, but you can't be that way. Anyway, here's Juli of Fragmented Worlds--she says this look isn't very her, but I love it.



Thank you all for submitting this week! I know I say this every time I host but I really do love doing this. you are all amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment