Thursday, November 14, 2013

SIA: PSA



Colonel Frederick Gustavus Barnaby, by James Tissot
Oil on canvas, 1870

This is terribly late, but I've been out of town. Salazar and I are proud to announce that Jen of Librarian for Life and Style is a new curator for Style Imitating Art! Jen is a somewhat recent art lover, but she's coming up to snuff pretty quickly. Jen did a great writeup of this, her first pick, here, including info on why she picked this piece. I have never heard of James Tissot or our dear gentleman Barnaby here, but check out that mustache. Whoa. I'm excited about (hopefully) participating. I'm up to my ears in what is officially the final month of grad school, but I really want to do this SIA! Anyway, email Jen when you have your inspiration ready to go, and her post will be up late Monday night (that's November 18th). Enjoy, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment