Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Style Imitating Art: Swan Lake



I am so, so sorry to all the amazing ladies who kindly submitted their entries right on time this week, because I'm posting a day late. I have had an ongoing family emergency and it sucks a lot and I have had a lot of difficulty the past week or so doing much of anything aside from dealing with the basics of work, caring for the horses, and dealing with homework. Sigh. But ANYWAY, SIA is here and I have to say that even spending five minutes taking photos of myself--vain though it sounds--made me feel better! It's a sign, clearly. As a reminder, this week's inspiration was Swan Lake by Chris Van Allsburg, as shown above. Let's get to it!



First is Jen of Librarian for Life and Style, who captured the essence of the painting with a really pretty colour combination. And click through to see a close up of her hair, it looks really cute!



Kezzie of KezzieAG is back with us this week, and she's going for it with the ballet pose. I like it! I also like her shades of blue.



Amber of Section 391 has a dress that has similar colours to the swans! And graceful neck INDEED. So pretty!



Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey, nailing it as always.



And then there's me, doing my best swan hair. That's a lie: this is what my hair looks like when I see a swan. Even my hair panics. This dress ended up being perfect for the inspiration, though!

Thank you ladies for participating, and again, my apologies for the lateness! Two more weeks of school and then this is all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment