Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hitting the books













Top: H&M via DIYFATSHION | Skirt: Talbots | Wedges: Payless | Lips: NARS Jungle Red

I doubt any of y'all are still pondering this, but I think I've snapped my reading slump! I am definitely not reading at the same pace as I have in the past, simply because I don't have as much time to read, but I was able to run through a couple of nonfiction palate cleansers (Out Loud: The Best of Rainbow Radio and The Opposite of Loneliness) that have somehow managed to reset my interest in reading. Since finishing The Opposite of Loneliness a few weeks ago, I finished the 70% of The Engagements that I hadn't completed, and now I'm partway through Mr. Peanut, which has been on my radar for a long time but was finally pushed to the front when Ben Fountain called it one of his favourite underrated books. It's gotten mixed reviews, but as a story of a long, strained marriage rather than a crime procedural, it's very good thus far. So yay for reading! Just in time for summer reading at the library...

No comments:

Post a Comment