Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Where I've been



#throwingshade



It's been a very busy two weeks.

I was pet and house sitting on the opposite corner of the county from my parents/pets/house, which was...a bit of a struggle for me. I missed my dog. And my parents! And my horse, even though he's a jerk. I had my camera, tripod and remote with me the whole time, but driving to the house and taking care of the animals after spending all day at work wore me out! And to be honest, I was packing three work outfits at a time, then going home and getting three more, so my outfits were REAL basic, y'all. I'm talking dress and shoes just about every day.



And then on top of all that, I made my second trip to DragonCon, which meant very, very long days from Friday to yesterday. I slept like a BRICK last night! I was so tired. We got a lot done--I went for work, not for fun, tragically, but I still got to do some fun stuff, like asking THE Amy Acker a question about Person of Interest and taking a photo with the cast of King of the Nerds (see above). I also saw Joel Hodgson (of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 fame) in the flesh AND met the lead illustrator of Archer, which gave me a mini meltdown. He was super nice!



A. and I at the Hyatt (above) and Daft Punk cosplay (below)



DragonCon was a lot of fun, but I'm glad to be back home after so long not at home. It's good to just...watch the news. (One of the things I miss most when I'm not home, even when I visit my boyfriend.) Pet my dog. Laugh at my cats. Sleep in my own bed. Et cetera. Life on the road would not be for me, that's for sure. So it's good to be home, with my full closet at my fingertips, an with plenty of options for what to wear tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment