Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hair today









Top: Macy's | Skirt: Target | Boots: Target

I stopped dying my hair over a year ago, and to be honest, I have mixed feelings. I don't think I really have a lot of difference between my natural colour and my dying colour, because I have a lot of red in my hair. The orange streaks in my hair are due to extreme bleaching, which is why I started dying my hair in the first place; I had seriously orange ends and brown roots and it looked stupid, so I started dying everything one colour. So when I stopped, three things changed. First, of course, is that my natural hair colour started growing in. That's what all that brown is above. (I'll turn orange at the ends the next time I'm outside. Trust.) Second, all the grays that I had apparently been covering up appeared with a vengeance. No one in my family started to go gray until they were in their 40s, but I got my first gray at 20. I might just buck the trend.

Third, though, and hardest for me to get a handle on, is that my hair texture has changed. I used to have really fine and hard to brush hair, but thankfully, I think that's permanently changed just because I'm older. However, my hair used to be mostly straight with some wave (see this post or any others before August of 2013 for reference). Now it's this craziness--ultra curly at the ends and won't lay down for anything. A lot of people would kill for curl, I know, but I started dying my hair at 14 or 15, and I've never seen my natural, fully undamaged hair texture. And...I'm not sure if I like it. Part of me doesn't mind dying my hair every couple of months, but part of me doesn't want to have to pay for hair dye every month. Part of me loves that I have submitted to the Stacy London School of Gray Hair, but part of me hates how my hair looks, and has looked since I cut it in August. And I truly just hate that I am going to once again have hair that is extremely prone to bleaching out and looking orange.

A true first world conundrum, to say the least, but I'm not sure what to do. Gimme advice, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment